This release includes fixes for defects reported by our customers and agency partners. We appreciate their feedback and have worked diligently to ensure our OBT meets their expectations. We are committed to providing a high-quality product and will continue to address any issues as soon as possible.
Add Custom Location as Search Option in Hotel Search
Custom location is now a separate search option in the "Search for hotels by" dropdown menu. Users can now directly select a custom location instead of enabling it under the Airport option. The changes improved usability by separating distinct search choices into their menu items.
- Previously, the custom location was a toggle under Airport
- Reference Point
- Hotel Nam
This change will improve usability by separating distinct search options.
New Custom Text IDs added as follows:
|Travel: Custom Location
Ability to Block Specific Flight Number
You can now block specific flight numbers from being booked. Attempts to book that flight will be blocked. We've added a new rule that checks bookings against permitted and prohibited flight lists. If a booking contains a restricted flight, a warning will be shown. Trip Authorization can be used as well.
Two new lookup lists have been added:
- Air Flights Permitted List
- Air Flights Prohibited List
New Custom Text:
|Travel Options Hotel
|Trip Authorization - Restricted Air Flights
|Contains restricted air flights.
- More control over allowed flight options based on your travel policy and flight preferences.
- Avoid problem flights that you want to restrict.
- Warnings if a booking tries to include an unacceptable flight number.
Support Free & Paid Seats for NDC Content
We're excited to announce new seat selection capabilities through our NDC API integrations. Users can now view and book free and paid seat options when booking NDC flights.
- NDC seats now include free and paid seat options when booking flights.
- You will see seat choices that include free seats and upgrade options with paid preferred seats.
- NDC seats are instant purchase charges and are usually not refunded when a trip is canceled.
- NDC seat availability and pricing are based on the NDC offer selected.
- NDC seat charges will be reflected in the Cost Summary.
- Users can make seat selections anytime after the NDC booking has been ticketed.
When a user selects a Specialty Fare (NDC option), the tool will let them know when they can choose a seat.
If the user clicks on Seat Map, the tool will advise them on when they may select a seat.
The tool provides the end user with seat selection information during the booking flow.
Once the user has purchased their ticket, the tool will advise that seat selection is available.
- Increased choices and ability to purchase upgraded seats through Sabre NDC.
- Access to paid preferential seats for extra comfort and amenities.
- Retains existing free seat selection capability.
Trip Authorization Policy Report
We've added a new report that shows a customer's trip authorization policy settings. The report contains a summary of all policy rules, approvals, notifications, and other settings configured in the customer's trip authorization policies, all of which can be exported through an easy-to-run report.
Benefits: Easily review complete trip authorization policy configurations in one report.
User Interface Improvements for Hotel Maps
More details have been added to map pins so you can easily see essential property info:
- The lowest room rate for each hotel
- If a hotel is preferred or under contract, pins are color-coded
- Hotel star ratings are displayed
- Distance from search location provided in miles
- If searching by location, the center map pin now correctly displays your reference point name instead of reverting to the airport name.
When selecting a property on the map, the page will scroll to that hotel in the results list.
In the image below, more information is provided to the end-user when hovering over the pin.
The color-coded pins indicate which hotels are contracted.
- Richer map data lets you evaluate hotels at a glance without clicking on each one.
- The center pin properly reflects your reference point for less confusion.
- Improves map usability with more relevant info.
Air Canada Direct Connect Requires Agency Email
As of November 15th, Air Canada will verify that a valid agency email has been added to the request. Bookings must have an email address to succeed.
The agency email address is now required in Airline SuperSwitch Settings when booking with Air Canada using Air Canada Direct Connect (ACDC). The airline booking workflow will need an email to be added in the Airline SuperSwitch Settings before booking Air Canada flights via ACDC. Email validity cannot be automatically verified. Travel arrangers will need to ensure a valid agency email is appropriately configured.
Added Ability for In Policy to be Unchecked by Default
We're thrilled to introduce a new feature allowing Admins to customize the default setting for the 'In Policy' filter across air, car, hotel, and rail travel policies. With this update, Admins gain greater control over initial visibility into travel option costs, particularly within restricted policies.
Admins can now set the 'In Policy' filter to be unchecked by default for air, car, hotel, and rail travel policies. This enhancement empowers users by providing a broader view of options without immediate policy restrictions.
When prohibited options are displayed for air travel, the system automatically switches the selected fare to the first available tab that complies with policy restrictions, enhancing the user experience by presenting valid travel options upfront.
This enhancement ensures users see more valid travel options by default, reducing the likelihood of unintentional bookings with prohibited fares.
Below are the corresponding configurations:
Uncheck In Policy filter - Air
- Tooltip: Include rule and set to Yes to default the In Policy filter for Air to unchecked.
Uncheck In Policy filter - Car
- Tooltip: Include rule and set to Yes to default the In Policy filter for Car to unchecked.
Uncheck In Policy filter - Hotel
- Tooltip: Include rule and set to Yes to default the In Policy filter for Hotels to unchecked.
Uncheck In Policy filter - Rail
- Tooltip: Include rule and set to Yes to default the In Policy filter for Rail to unchecked.
- Enhanced Visibility: Provides a broader view of travel options initially, especially within restricted policies.
- Improved Cost Transparency: Enables users to see travel option costs upfront, aiding better decision-making.
- Administrative Control: Admins can configure default settings for 'In Policy' filters across air, car, hotel, and rail, tailoring the experience to organizational needs.
- Reduced Policy Restriction Impact: Presents more valid travel options by default, reducing the impact of immediate policy restrictions.
- Customization Flexibility: Offers greater flexibility and customization within travel policies, empowering Admins to align with organizational requirements.