Sabre has implemented a New Distribution Capability (NDC) into their system to enhance how airlines offer their flights for online booking. Sabre's NDC-enabled platform allows users to easily search for flights, make bookings, and manage orders.
Activating Sabre NDC Carriers
Before using Sabre NDC, users must request NDC Carrier Activation. All NDC Carrier activations are done in Sabre Central Marketplace.
1. Log into Sabre Central Marketplace.
2. Search for the carrier to determine if NDC is offered.
3. Contact your Ordering Agent or Account Manager to order the authorization.
Note: Requesting all carriers at once is not recommended, as each carrier will have different signup requirements, TJR settings for CERT/PROD, SR360, BFM activation, etc.
Provisioning for NDC with Apollo/Galileo (Travelport)
To access NDC content, you must be provisioned for NDC with Travelport and registered with the NDC airline. To request NDC access for an airline in Travelport, contact your Travelport representative to request JSON access. You will be requested to open a Case with Travelport under Developer Product Services.
Travelport will send a questionnaire for the required information.
Information from Emburse that you may need:
- Emburse does use compression for our requests
- Emburse will renew OAuth token 1 every 23 hours
- Emburse Certification Status
- Emburse has been certified for Json and legacy APIs
- Emburse will request 4 upsells in all requests
- Your request should be for air, NDC, and GDS content. Emburse will be supporting exchanges. (Future feature)
Additional information that may be required
- Agency Data
- PCCs for air searches
- Shopping numbers likely to drive up in production
- Company Travel data -- Contact Emburse for help on these numbers.
- Number of Shop Transactions Per Day
- Peak Hours (GMT)
- % of Transactions at Peak
- To be used for NDC / GDS or both.
When the process is complete, admins should have the following Json Credentials:
- User Name
- Access Group
- Application Key
- Application Secret
- Master Custom Number
Enabling NDC in the Online Booking Tool
After receiving the NDC Carrier Activation credentials, admins can enable the NDC in the system.
1. Access Agency Settings and click the Pencil icon.
2. Open the GDS Settings tab.
3. Select the ‘Enables NDC content to be returned in air shopping’ box.
4. Fill out the Booking pseudo extra information fields.
5. Click Save when finished.