Release Notes: January 12, 2022 Follow
Support EarlyBird Check-In for Southwest (Apollo/Galileo Only)
We now support the ability to add EarlyBird Check-In to Southwest bookings confirmed through Southwest Direct Connect and Southwest booked through Apollo and Galileo.
An Administrator will need to activate the access to EarlyBird Check-In via the Southwest Direct Connect in their SuperSwitch Settings.
Check the option to enable Early Bird Check-In for your users.
Southwest through Apollo and Galileo
In your Air Reservation Policy, there is a setting to enable Early Bird Check-In. In the Optional Services section, check the Allow Early Bird Check-In (Apollo/Galileo only) option to enable Early Bird Check-In for your users.
Booking EarlyBird Check-In
When a Southwest booking is made, the option to Add Early Bird Check-In will be available on the Purchased and Ticketed itineraries.
Users can select EarlyBird for one leg or all legs of their journey.
EarlyBird Check-In costs will be reflected in the Cost Summary for the trip.
Note: Once EarlyBird Check-In is reserved, it cannot be changed online. Travelers must contact their TMC to make changes.
Enabling Paid Seating for Apollo/ Galileo
Apollo and Galileo users will now be able to select paid seating when allowed by travel policy. (Only Sabre Web Services Paid Seats had previously been available.)
The selected fare and the traveler’s air membership numbers are included with the seat map request. This feature must be enabled by the Administrator.
Step 1: On the Travel homepage, select the Admin menu. Then, select Policy Setup, followed by Air Reservation Policy.
Step 2: To Edit your Air Reservation Policy, click the pencil icon.
Step 3: Scroll down to the Optional Services section, where you can select one of the drop-down options from the Paid Seat Options:
Definitions of each policy line:
Do not allow traveler to select a paid seat: This selection will prevent the end user from selecting paid seats. The seat map will display additional cost seats as prohibited.
- Note: If the charge for a paid seat is waived due to the traveler’s airline membership, the paid seat is made available to the user advising that the cost has been waived.
Always allow traveler to select a paid seat: This selection will allow the end user to select paid seats during their travel selection process.
- Note: You can utilize Trip Authorization to Warn/Prohibit seats at a specific dollar amount.
- Allow traveler to select a paid seat before submit for purchase: Once purchased, seats cannot be selected.
- Allow traveler to select a paid seat before ticketing: Once Ticketed, paid seats cannot be selected.
- Only allow a traveler to select paid seat after ticketing (Apollo/Galileo)
Step 4: You now have the option to adjust your Trip Authorization policy. As noted above, you can prohibit a paid seat above a certain dollar point.
You can also set a Warning so a warning icon will display when the traveler selects the seat but can still do so, as seen below:
Note: Airlines participation varies in each GDS. Please contact your TMC for additional information. TMC’s should contact their GDS representative for assistance.
Paid seat costs will be included in the Cost Summary:
Note: Once a paid seat is reserved,it cannot be changed online. Travelers must contact their TMC to make changes.
New Queue Type - Optional Service
Added a new Queue type(s) for Optional Service purchases.
The new queue types that have been added are as follows:
- Optional Service purchased before ticketing
- Optional Service purchased after ticketing
The queue is considered a ticketing queue, so Ticketing Line Customization is available.
Step 1: To add a queue, you will need to access Admin > Policy Setup > Queues:
Step 2: Select +Add New Queue
Step 3: Fill out the required fields and under Queue Type select the new optional service you want to utilize.
If the modify process includes an Optional Service (EarlyBird / Paid Seat), and the policy contains an Optional Service Queue; the Optional Service queue will be added to the list of queues to place the PNR on.
If the Optional Service Queue has a customized ticketing line, the PNR will be updated with the custom ticketing line.
Associate Name to Passport in SSR Field
Add the ability to enter the passport in the SSR field and assign the correct name association to each SSR.
A new rule has been added to support associating the passport with the SSR field:
‘Document Passport Data in SSR Field.’
This rule supports Multi-Pax in all GDS’ except Amadeus.
NOTE: All of the traveler's passport information will need to be filled out along with the TSA information; if not, then the SSR remark will not be created.
- Sabre: 3DOCSA/P/A/P/US/353456/US/01JAN1953/X/16DEC2026/NEVER/WILLIAM/D-1.1
- Worldspan: 3SSRDOCSUAHK1/P/US/461235252145/US/06MAR86/M/01FEB22/NEVER/WILLIAM/D-1.1
- Apollo: 3SSRDOCSYYHK1/N1/P/US/S132363172724/US/01JAN69/M/18FEB27/NEVER/WILLIAM
- Galileo: SI.P1/SSRDOCSBAHK1/P/US/S121324134134/US/19JUL79/M/19FEB30/NEVER/WILLIAM
- Amadeus: P-US-123456789-US-18FEB02-F-19MAR29-NEVER-WILLIAM-D-H
Car Policy Update - Direct Billing - ID Field
This will allow the option not to override the traveler membership number.
The new field is found in Car Policy under Direct Billing:
Updates to Expense Receipts
The following updates were added to Expense receipts as follows:
- Added logic to parse the actual credit card charge for Southwest Direct tickets.
- Added logic to parse for a new call in Travelport to get the Ticket documentation to gather the actual charge made per Ticket.
- Modified the logic to send the actual Payment amount instead of the amount of the fare when Sending Expense receipts